A meme (or is that me me?)
July 11, 2008
photo by v. daddi
A photo of me, talking about … me?
I admit it – for a food blogger, I do not spend nearly enough time immersing myself into the food blogosphere as I should. Which is why I was so woefully ignorant when Mrs. Ergul “tagged” me in a comment last week. (I thought “tag” was another way of say “link.”) I had occasionally seen the word on various blogs, but never read enough to actually discover what it entailed. *blush* A meme is an idea or practice that is spread from one person to another and this game of tag is a most diverting way to get to know bloggers.
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on the blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Ok, so six random things about me:
1. I am a horrible singer and if I had three wishes granted to me, having a beautiful singing voice would top the list.
2. I love pie. More than cookies. More than cake. And just slightly more than chocolate.
3. My very first job was as a produce stand cashier in the Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia at the ripe old age of 14. I became a real pro at bagging melons and to this day, I can distinguish almost all varieties of apples, pears, lettuces, herbs, mushrooms, and peppers.
Photo by 09traveler on Flickr
4. Sometimes, when I look at my children, my toes tingle with happiness.
5. I have a sweatshirt I bought 21 years ago in my closet (and I still wear it).
6. My guiltiest pleasure? Reading a trashy historical romance novel while eating salt and vinegar potato chips.
- Garrett at The Flavor of Vanilla
- Shaw Girl at Adventures in Shaw
- Lori at Lori’s Lip Smacking Goodness
- SpeedBumpKitchen at Speed Bump Kitchen
- Lisa at Lisa is Bossy
- Kim at A Yankee in a Southern Kitchen